Saturday, December 19, 2020

About Me

 As I mentioned in the previous post, my name is Asher Ely Middleton V. I come from a line of proud, strong, intelligent men. Even with their somewhat ancient beliefs, they all have had good intentions. I was taught at a young age about my father, grandfather, and ancestors and the lineage that has been passed down to me which I am expected to now pass down to my own children for them to pass to their children and so on.

First and foremost: The name. The name is most important because this is how we honor the first Asher. After running from a neglectful, abusive home, he started his life with literally only the clothes on his back and was still a kind and giving man. He earned money any way he could, but mostly it was with farming. He actually started by harvesting fruits and flowers in the wild. He would harvest them, save what he needed to live off of and then use the remaining few to plant into a small plot of land and then sell what he harvested from them. It took a long time, but he managed to build a small home and begin his family. There are rumors that at times he stole items to sell on the black market when he needed extra money. My father and grandfather of course deny this, but I believe it to be true.

It was also hoped that I would graduate college and become a politician like my father. Honestly, I don't know how he did it. While he didn't make it to the top of his career, he did do well. I can't help but wonder how much farther he would have gone had he not dabbled in drugs while in college. He did somehow manage to graduate though, and I have his graduation picture and diploma hanging on a wall in my home which I will one day pass on to my own son.

Personally, I have no interest in politics and all the meeting and greeting it requires. I'd much rather spend my days with my family and close friends. I also don't have the expensive taste my father had and as soon as I was able, I moved Gianna, my sister Alexia and I from my fathers mansion in Brindleton Bay to a modest home on Mt. Komorebi. With my family growing as large as it is, though, it's looking like we'll have to move again to something larger soon.

As a teenager, not long after my father passed, I was granted the Kindness Ambassador award and other than my family, that is my greatest achievement. My father would have been proud, even if he would perhaps expect more.  My mother was already gone to the great creator at the time too. I would have loved to have seen the smile beaming on her face. This all makes me extra grateful for Gianna who has always been there for me.

After my father died, I was faced with a decision that would have been tough for anyone, let alone a teenager who had just become an orphan. You see, my little sister, Alexia, was still just a child at the time. I was given the opportunity to try to raise her myself, with some assistance from officials, or she could live with an aunt of ours. I didn't want to send her to live with our old aunt, but I also wanted to do what would be best for her. I decided after much thought that it was important for Alexia and I to stay together. However, just a few days ago, Alexia was coming home from skiing and froze to death in the snow right outside our front door. I don't know why she didn't have her coat on. Of course, our entire family was absolutely heart-broken for exactly three days. Then suddenly, we were fine and happy again, just like that! As if the feelings of sadness were on some sort of timer!

With that, I believe my dear readers are all caught up and I will post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teenagers Times Four

There are now four teenagers in this house! All the make-up, skin care products, hair care products, nail polish and shoes... every where! I...